Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 13: GOAL!!!!

Day 13-Goals

OOOOOH, I’ve got LOTS of goals! Where to begin listing them is the question!

1. Lose those last 15 pounds. I’ve had a number in my head ever since my surgery that I really really wanted to see on the scale….and I’m 15 pounds away from that. I’d really like to get there. Will the world come to an end if I don’t? no. But it’d be nice nonetheless.

2. Get out of debt. Hahahahahahahaha. Okay, that’s totally NOT going to happen anytime soon, so let me rephrase: Get debt down to a more manageable level. There. That’ll work.

3. Run a ½ marathon. Since illness and Snowmageddon derailed my training plan considerably, I’m not too confident that I’ll be ready for the ½ marathon I planned to run in September….or even the one I planned to run in October. But I’m still going to try. I might end up walking part of it…which will p*ss me off greatly since my goal is to RUN the ENTIRE THING. So we’ll see.

4. Take a cake-decorating class. I like making cakes and decorating them, but I know a class would REALLY be helpful.

5. Take a photoshop class. To help my scrapbooking skills and just because I think I’d really enjoy it….

6. Take more pictures for the artistic aspect of it vs. the snapshot-to-document-what-the-kids-are-doing aspect of it.

7. Keep the house cleaner. Uhm, yeah….that’s probably not going to happen either……so let me rephrase: Get a cleaning lady! :D

8. Visit all 50 states. I’ve never counted up how many I’ve been to already. I guess I should do that. But I know there’s LOTS I haven’t been to. :D

9. Put all 3 kids through college and have THEM graduate without student loans. BIG DEAL for us. Karl and I both graduated with a MOUNTAIN of student loans between us. We don’t want that for our kids. I hope we can do this for them. We will definitely give it our best effort.

10. Learn a foreign language fluently. I can speak/understand Spanish pretty decently (enough to get by), but I’d like to learn German and/or Italian someday…….in all that free time I have.

11. Retire at 57 (if not sooner), and not because my health forces me to retire. At 57 I’ll have 30 years at the big B, so that’s the goal. I don’t want to work a day longer than I absolutely have to! :P

12. Finish some little home-improvement projects around the house this year that we said we were going to do last year but obviously didn’t do…..

13. Build a new home before we’re 40.

And I’m sure there’re more, I’m just not thinking of them at the moment……this list could go on for DAYS, kwim?

No comments: