Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 12: What do I think.....

Blogging assignment, Day 12-What you believe

I’m assuming this is a faith-based question. Well…….I believe that God is Love. :D Now, you can argue differing theology and scripture ‘till the cows come home, but in the end, I think we (those of us that believe in God, or a God-like being) all basically agree that God is Love.

Now, as for my personal denominational choice? I’m a member of the Community of Christ. Feel free to visit our site here: www.cofchrist.org Our church’s website says (and this sums it up as well as I could): “We proclaim Jesus Christ and promote communities of Joy, Hope, Love, and Peace”. So there ya go!

I believe we should live our lives seeking (and being beacons for) Joy, Hope, Love and Peace. I'm still working on how to actually DO that.....but I believe we should!

I believe that (as a parent), my greatest responsibility in raising my kids is teaching them about God.

I believe we should treat others with respect. God loves everyone and we should try to do the same. It’s not always easy, and I struggle with it as much as the next person…..but I think we really should try.

I believe in freedom. I don’t know what I would do had I not been born an American, with the freedoms we have here. I think everybody should be free to live their lives however they want. Why should it bother you or me what the guy down the street is doing? As long as he’s not breaking the law, let him do his thing, kwim?

I believe that you get what you give. But you shouldn’t give simply to ‘get’. Did that make sense? Maybe not. What I mean is that doing good in the world should be it’s own reward, vs. any accolades that might come your way for doing it. Along the same lines, I believe what goes around comes around…..selfish, narrow-minded people usually end up finding their lives in a pickle. Maybe that’s better described as Kharma?

I’m not one of these people that believes that if you don’t belong to “my church” or believe the same things I do, you’re going to H*ll. I think that’s a very narrow-minded view of the world and of God to think that way. Don’t put such limitations on God. :P And without going on a big rant, I’ll leave it at that.

Eh, there’s plenty of other things I could probably put on here….but those are the biggies I guess…..I can't think of anything else earth-shattering to list....

What other controversial topics could I weigh in on while I’m rambling? Abortion? Marijuana? The Death Penalty? Boxers or Briefs? Toilet paper over or under? I could go on for days blabbing……but I won’t. you’ll just have to sit and wonder my opinions :P

No comments: