Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 10: Fear Not!

Blogging assignment, Day 10-Something you're afraid of

There’s LOTS of things I’m afraid of actually: fires, drowning, suffocating…….i guess I’m scared of a gruesome death? :D I’m scared of getting sick and becoming disabled. I’m scared of getting an incurable disease. I’m scared of my KIDS getting an incurable disease. I'm scared of something happening to my kids (Karl's insured, lol!). Okay, I'm scared of something happening to Karl too. I’m scared of outliving my children. I’m scared of having to work forever because of not having enough money to retire on. I’m scared of being a burden on my children when I’m old.

So there’s lots of little things I’m scared of. But the big one I’m scared of? Not fulfilling my purpose.

Is that cryptic enough for ya? WTH does that mean? I dunno…I just am afraid of not doing whatever it is I’m supposed to be doing……whatever reason God put me where I am, I’m scared that I’m not doing whatever it is I’m supposed to be doing with my life. Which is an odd thing to fear because I’m not even sure WHAT that ‘thing I’m supposed to be doing’ actually IS. So I guess, in a nutshell, I’m afraid of the unknown? Uhm. Yeah. Weird blog post. I blame whoever made up these questions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The unknown can be scary. I have often wondered what my purpose here is. But as I have trusted God and gained a personal relationship with Him my fears have been eased and my questions answered. This is a great website you should visit http://lds.org/plan/earth-life?lang=eng