Monday, September 8, 2008

AT LAST!!!

I'll admit it.....I'm an impatient person.....a VERY impatient person. Other people aren't like this, and it's these people that drive me insane! Case in point: PreK graduation back in May. As we were leaving the house, I SPECIFICALLY recall asking Karl, "Do you have the cameras?" (cameras PLURAL, meaning the still SLR and the video camcorder)....he responded in the affirmative. Only when we'd taken our seats at Matthew's PreK graduation did I figure out that Karl didn't have the still camera....just the video one. GRRRRRRRRRR.

After a few seconds of panic, I knew I had to take drastic measures: ie ask to borrow someone else's. And the person I happened to choose......our babysitter, Chandra. Her son Blake was in the PreK class, but not graduating, so she wouldn't be needing the camera for the actual diploma-handing-out part. I was so relieved.....after the 3-year-olds got done with their part, she walked back to where I was sitting (in that hunched-over-so-nobody-gets-mad-'cuz-you're-in-the-middle-of-a-cermony way) and whispered, "just save me a couple shots so I can take some of him and the teachers, ok?"

HUH? SAVE SHOTS? what is this you're speaking of? Oh yeah, you got it.....FILM. ARRRGGGHHHHH. And this is where the beast of impatience rears its very ugly head in me. One, I couldn't see the pictures I was taking......2.....I knew it'd be FOREVER before I ever saw these things. :( Film, schmilm

That was May 28th......after about a week, I casually asked if she'd developed the pictures from the PreK graduation......she replied that she "tossed the roll into a drawer with a couple dozen others" to be developed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought I was gonna explode right there! But what could I do? I'd have paid to develop the thing myself, but in a drawer full of others, which one was the one I wanted??? ARRRRGGGHHHH!!! You're talking about someone that scraps stuff the day after it happens (if not sooner when possible!)....I was going NUTS at the prospect of not having these pictures for weeks!

Another week or two passed, and growing impatient to scrap the event, I went ahead and did a layout with just boxes where the pictures would go.....deciding that if I never saw the pictures, it didn't look too bad! :P hahahahahahaahaha....

Fast forward to today.....the 8th of SEPTEMBER.......she had the pictures ready for me. FINALLY. Didn't think I'd ever see these things......I'd almost given up hope completely! Being adverse to actual pictures anymore, I immediately scanned them when we got home so I could fill in the empty places in my already-done layout from over 3 months ago......*sigh*.......you have NO idea how much this BUGGED ME!!!!

FILM....honestly!!! I don't have the patience for film!!!

Now that I've had my mini-rant, here's the layout...
And here's the one I did with Vicki's new kit, Summer Cocktail......of our trip last weekend to Aunt Doris and Uncle Frank's house

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Diana - I am totally the same! If I can't scrap it now, I probably won't get round to it though! I am a NOW person and very impulsive because of it!! LOL. Great LO with my kit!

Kim said...

Love your layouts. x