Monday, December 6, 2010

Like a Fine Wine, my friends......

I only get better with age! :D At least that's what I'm telling myself today......this 35th (yikes!) anniversary of my entrance into the world....

I wanted to post lots of cool pictures of myself growing up....but alas, there really aren't any. Perhaps this is why I generally walk around with a camera around my neck....so that when MY kids are sitting at their blog (or whatever social medium they'll be using at that point in time) they won't have to lament the fact that there existed so few pictures of them when they were children. Anybody that knows me can attest that my kids will have NO problems finding pictures of themselves. :D

So anyhoo. Happy birthday to me. Looking at the few pictures I did manage to find on a whim......I honestly think I look better now than I did 10 years ago. Funny how that seems to be working for me!

so here's my life in pictures (kinda)

As a baby (love the hair, Mom, and GROOVY pants, Dean!)
Photobucket

toddler (where'd my curly hair go? *sigh*)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Glasses at age 4 (oh yay!)
Photobucket

another family picture, age 6 ish:
Photobucket

I'd guess I'm about 13 here? no dates on any of these old pictures of course...I'm guessing by bad hair styles:
Photobucket

This was 8th grade, I know that much:
Photobucket

Sweet 16-ish.......oh yeah......early 90's big hair:
Photobucket

Senior portrait:
Photobucket

Engagement Picture.....so I'd have been 21 here:
Photobucket

Wedding.....at 22 years old (gosh that seems YOUNG to me now!):
Photobucket

Fast-forwarding a few years......this was in '02, so I'd have been 26ish:
Photobucket

2003, Graduate School....preggers with Matthew, age 27:
Photobucket

2004, age 28:
Photobucket

2005.....subtract 100 pounds and you get this (my "victory dress", which I actually haven't really worn since, now that I think about it.....red's not really my color I don't think), 30th birthday:
Photobucket

2006, age 30
Photobucket

and yesterday.....35 years old:
Photobucket

so....I hope you got as good a laugh out of that as I did.......I'm just like a fine wine....getting better with age, right? :D RIGHT!

Happy Birthday to me!!!

3 comments:

Not blogging said...

I'm turning 35 in a month and I am also getting better looking every year. You're before's and after's are quite shocking though! :) Mine aren't much better.

Owner said...

Hey!
Iwas just going through blogs, and found yours.
You're a photographer? Is there a certain photography category you pursue?
I myself am into sports photography, and trying to learn to do portraits and things of that sort. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :)
Cha Chi

Lyla said...

lovely pics..n yeah ur luking better with every passing year..i hope i can say the same for myself when i reach 35.. :)..
happy belated bday btw.. :)