Friday, May 23, 2008

Considering myself 'tagged'

I don't think I totally understand this whole "tagging' thing that everybody else is doing on their blogs, but I sure don't want to be left out, so I've been tagged (Vicki said she was tagging ALL her blog readers, so that includes MOI!)

So, 7 interesting things about me......thinking....

1. I never take makeup off. I guess I'm just that lazy. I just go to bed and deal with it in the morning when I wash my face. Perhaps I should change that bad habit now that I'm getting older and noticing a few laugh lines that just aren't as funny as they used to be...

2. I have ridiculously big feet. Most people that know me in 'real life' already know this. All my cyber friends dont'. Paris Hilton might have no problem finding HER shoes in a size 11.....but the rest of us Amazon-hooved gals are just SOL 99.99% of the time. It's SOOO unfair....especially since I really like shoes!!!

3. I took the LSAT.....didn't do so hot. I didn't study though, so that's my excuse. It was like that scene from "Legally Blonde" where they joke that she just woke up one morning and said, "I think I'll go to law school today".........that was me. I just said, "hmmm....law school would be interesting, how about taking the LSAT?" I found out my employer would pay for it, so I was thinking, "hey! free law degree! sign me up!" I neglected to consider that whole 5-year commitment thing in the process.....which is why I'm currently NOT a law student. How long do wait lists last? I was wait listed at SLU Law.......in 2004. I'm thinking I'll be getting that acceptance letter any day now!

4. Yes, I'm a mechanical engineer. But I didn't start off as one in college, and not many people know that. I initially majored in Civil Engineering (bridges and dams sounded easy enough to design, right? I mean, neither one of them even MOVE!). BUT, after my 1st semester (of all that boring freshman general ed stuff that has nothing to do with your actual major), I tried to book an appointment with a CE guidance counselor, but she was all booked, so I got handed over to a Mechanical Engineering guidance counselor, who scheduled all my classes for the next semester and therefore changed my curriculum path for the next 3 years. And I didn't say anything....because at the time I figured if I didn't like it, I could switch later. But I liked it....so here I am! I switched majors without even officially switching majors....cool, huh? :P

5. I'm blind in my right eye. I think they technically refer to it as a VERY "lazy" eye....but in reality, I see nada out of it. I cheat on the tests at the DMV....hehehehehehehe. Don't tell them I said that though, m'kay?

6. I habitually check email constantly.......like every 5 minutes (and when I'm at work, I really shouldn't even be doing it that much!). I don't know WHY, since I get very little email.....I'm just always HOPING I guess

7. DH and I met on a blind date. So don't knock blind dates....sometimes they turn out okay! Our roommates in college were dating and set us up. BUT, he swears he knew who I was because we had Chemistry together (lol....get it? chemistry 'together' HA!).......but it was a big lecture hall and I was such a serious student I wouldn't have paid any attention to him (really don't remember him, I swear)

So there're 7 random facts about me........for the 5 or so people that read this blog.....consider yourselves tagged as well.......spread the joy!!!

1 comment:

Our Three Girls said...

I think that I knew all of those interesting facts...except the makeup thing and your eye issue! Unfortunately, I do the makeup thing, too. By the way, Jonathan Collins and family will be staying at our house this weekend. Should be fun. I'll let you know!